… And The Secrets to Avoiding Them
One costly hiring mistake that I have observed with leaders is the unconscious avoidance, denial and/or toleration of under-performing employees.
Shocking costs of hiring mistakes
More commonly known as the cost of a mis-hire.
According to Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos, hiring mistakes have cost his company as much as $100 million! That’s alot of dollars immediately subtracted from the bottomline.
For many companies, that one mistake can make the difference between surviving and thriving, between mediocrity and high performance. Mis-hires and under-performing employees are the #1 profit leak in companies today.
Why Does This Issue Perpetuate Unknowingly in Many Companies?
In this second part of a 3 part article series, you will learn the last 3 critical internal factors that either strengthen or prevent you, as a leader, in developing a strong accountability mindset. Namely, your identity, motivation and attitudinal patterns and emotional state.
Let’s first summarize what you learned in Part 1. Part 1 addressed:
- The top 3 reasons why your leaders are struggling with accountability and under-performing teams
- Why and how your “mindset” drives as much as 90% of your thoughts, feelings, behaviors, communications and, ultimately, results… in all areas of your leadership role, including accountability.
Are you a business leader who …
• Aspires to accomplish great things?
• Is always seeking to raise your bar higher?
• Continually searches for an edge in personal performance?
• Gets diminishing returns from your efforts?
• Is fired up to take things to the next level, but doesn’t know how?
For a moment, put aside the stresses of your day and shift your focus from what is to what can be. It’s time to enter a world of new possibilities for yourself and your future. It’s time to play a new Leadership Game.
Photo Credit: David Niblack
• You could be at the top of your mental game with volition
• Instantly elevate yourself into a peak emotional and mental state within minutes
• Fuel your confidence, passion and motivation on a daily basis that moves you to action
What would that do to your leadership performance, success and results in the future?