Posts tagged "NLP"
The Secret Groundwork to an Extraordinary 2016
A new year is just around the corner. Another year is about to end.
Be honest with yourself …
· Are you feeling tired, stressed or depressed?
· Are you feeling disconnected from what really matters to you?
· Are you feeling like you have lost your way, not even realizing it?
In my experience, when December hits, many leaders are burned out and depleted. They are running on empty.
And understandably so. The demands on a leader’s energy and attention throughout the year are endless. I’ve been there myself. I know.
Are You Ready To Make the Leap?
Your company is growing and has gained recognition and success. Your culture and employees are thriving and you are so proud of everyone’s accomplishments.
you feel something is missing. You can’t put your finger on what. After all, it’s been a challenging journey. In many ways, you and your organization have arrived at its desired destination.
How could something be missing?
You are not alone.
That gnawing feeling of something missing is a positive thing. It’s a sign your soul is stirring …
To something greater than your role and your company.
Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Gloria Steinem
When I was a little girl, my mother encouraged me to dream. She would often tell me … “Dream big dreams. It does not cost anything to dream.”
So as a child, I would imagine myself becoming …
… A gold Olympic ice skater on one day.
… The first woman astronaut on another day.
… Then it was a toss up between a princess, a cowgirl or a Mickey Mouse musketeer on the other days.
Nobody ever told me that anything was impossible. I am grateful for those early days that shaped me to thrive possibilities.
Can your body language …
- Make a difference in commanding leadership authority?
- Create trust or mistrust within an organization?
- Change your emotions after a stressful day?
Leadership authority is a by-product of 2 related aspects of yourself – your physiology and your emotional state. Call them the yin and yang of leadership authority.
The purpose of this article is NOT to give you a list of gestures, postures or leadership do’s and don’ts to communicate authority. Your emotions and your body language are both driven by your mind. And your mind is too complex for such generalizations.
Even Before You Speak
In 1987, I flew to LA to a women’s leadership conference for one reason only. To meet Anita Roddick, founder and “then” CEO of multi-billion dollar franchise,
Photo by David Niblack
The Body Shop, and asked her to write the forward of my book (to which she did say yes).
When I met her, I was stunned how amazingly small she was (even smaller than myself J). Yet her commanding presence was so powerful, 30 years later, that memory is still vivid in my mind.
Leadership presence includes character, charisma and self-confidence YET is much more.
5 Power Words That Persuade
Influence is not something tangible, physical or material. Yet it’s real. You know when you are in the presence of it. Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Steve Jobs just to name a few.
The Power of Words
There is no leadership without influence. You can have a leadership title, yet have no influence. How influential are you? Does your team listen to your every word with attention, openness and trust? Is your team inspired to take action simply by what you say and do?
Influence comes from the latin root “influere” meaning to flow in.
Does any of these sound familiar?
- You aspire to achieve great things, yet stay “small” for fear of failing.
- What about the thousands of dollars you’ve invested in leadership books and training, yet still find yourself stuck in the same rut and don’t know how to get out?
- Are you continuously swamped by the endless hours that your role demands, yet get diminishing returns from all your efforts?
You are not alone. Most leaders harbor fears, negative thoughts and emotions that seriously undermine their achievements. Here is one such story.
How One High Performing Leader Was Sabotaging His Own Potential
About 10 years ago, I worked with a leader being groomed to become President of a fast growing company.
Are you a business leader who …
• Aspires to accomplish great things?
• Is always seeking to raise your bar higher?
• Continually searches for an edge in personal performance?
• Gets diminishing returns from your efforts?
• Is fired up to take things to the next level, but doesn’t know how?
For a moment, put aside the stresses of your day and shift your focus from what is to what can be. It’s time to enter a world of new possibilities for yourself and your future. It’s time to play a new Leadership Game.
Photo Credit: David Niblack
• You could be at the top of your mental game with volition
• Instantly elevate yourself into a peak emotional and mental state within minutes
• Fuel your confidence, passion and motivation on a daily basis that moves you to action
What would that do to your leadership performance, success and results in the future?